This is the drug which is from the class called “Statins” also termed as HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. This drug reduces the levels of cholesterols in the body of the person. It is in the form of tablets with tow potencies. 1o mg oval white color tablet and 40 mg oval white colored tablet. The chemical used in it is atorvastatin and brand name is Lipitor. This available in the market quite commonly and is launched by the Pfizer Inc all over the world. It is a magical drug which is ideal for the people have high cholesterol levels with some lipids presence in the blood. It not also decreases the cholesterol levels that also decreases the LDL (low profile dissolving lipids) and increase the good lipids levels that are high profile dissolving lipids (HPL). It is used to control high levels of cholesterol to bring them down and hence reducing the chanced of attack to minimum level because of this.
As it is well known for its effectiveness for the reduction of cholesterol levels and reduction of other bad LDLs in the blood stream. It is also used to reduce excessive fats in the body of a person by reducing cholesterol levels and other unwanted lipids which can cause some serious problem in the health of a person. It is used in the people who are at least 10 years old. Younger then that age is not recommended by the physicians to use this tablet for the similar problems for which it is prepared.
The lipitor side effects are some time very drastic and lethal. Lipitor side effects are given below.
- This drug cause sudden pains and stiffness in muscles
- This drug can cause weakness.
- Hay fever is one of the side effect of it
- One feel tiredness by using this drug
- Dark colored urine is another side effect of this drug.
- Swellings can be seen on the different limbs of the body
- Urination is decreased or not passed at all.
- Feel nausea, itching and upper stomach pain is common in this drug use.
- Loss of appetite and clay colored stool is quite common in the usage of this drug.
- This drug can cause jaundice (yellowing of skin and eyes)
- One can feel mild muscle pains
- Mild nausea
- Mild diarrhea is common symptoms of the disease.
As from the lipitor side effects it is quite clear and obvious that this is a dangerous drug and over dosage and excessive use without any consultancy it can be lethal and have dramatic effects on the body of a person, if you have taken it in excessive dose then it is highly recommend that you must consult the doctor for treatment in emergency. And if you have missed the dose, don’t take it when the time of that dose is passed. Just wait for the time of next dose and take it. It will be a safer thing to do.